About the Bards of Poets’ Circle Guild
By issue of Royal Warrant, it is the sacred duty of Poets’ Circle to nurture, protect & promote those who lend their art to the Guild & to Lord British.
Further reading: On the Nurturing & Protection of Bards, by Holt Ironfell
ANSWERING LORD BRITISH’S CALL FOR MUSIC
Shroud of the Avatar is founded on the support of a vibrant Community. It is from this very Community that the game world’s music shall come from. We Bards of Poets Circle’ are the vanguard. Visit our Showcase to see highlights from our contributors.
For more music, follow us at http://soundcloud.com/poetscircle
MUSIC IS MULTIPLAYER!
There’s a reason it’s called ‘playing’ music, and we want to show how turning music into an adventure creates unimagined results. By playing a storyteller & musician, something truly magical takes hold.
Guild Lore and Roleplaying Documentation, by Holt Ironfell (PDF)
MASSIVELY MUSICAL ONLINE RPG
When talented individuals are given a chance to gather and play, the creativity takes on a life of its own. Believe in the music within us all; join us in discovering true meaning of Harmony. Our members are eager to collaborate, teach and learn: together.
Learn more about our individual members on our Roster Page.
POETS’ CIRCLE PROVIDES FREE PUBLICITY
As a Bard of Poets Circle, you shall receive assistance in promoting & mastering thy work with music, poetry, storytelling and drama. Our Patrons and Master Bards help ﬁll out player-driven plots with actors, & fund artistic productions. Perfect thy art, and it shall reach the ear of His Majesty, Lord British.
SHARE IN THE WEALTH OF A BARDIC GUILD
Proﬁt from gaming & music is a dream come true. Our Guild is a place for masters to mentor budding bards and even offer them help with monetizing their own individual works, collaborations within Poets’ Circle or in real life.
Your work is your own intellectual property. We’re merely here to help!
RAISE A TOAST TO FRIENDS AND PATRONS, ALL!
Poets’ Circle isn’t only for bards. Friends, family, patrons and publicists are welcome, and all serve an important role in the day to day functions of a Guild. Come one, come all! Create a legacy amongst true friends!
Written hence are the stated mission objectives of the Guild, its Bards, Patrons, Ambassadors and Spies, and the uniting ambitions of all recognized Master Bards of Poets’ Circle.
- To gather the storytellers, composers and artists into a loose, but powerful association of talent and creativity.
- To create music for the game, for Lord British, and for one another.
- Not only to tell stories, but embark upon player-driven adventures and plots.
- To write, cast and perform in-game Theater productions.
- To run a lore-specific wiki for fan-fiction.
- To witness the rise of a player-run City or ‘Enclave’ of the Arts, complete with Guild Hall.
- To institute a college for Apprentice Bards to learn music, refine their storytelling or just learn a thing or two along the way.
- To spare no expense in the promoting the work of our loyal Bards and generous Patrons.
- Whether virtuous role players, rogue-like PvPers, or savvy merchants, our Bards and Patrons shall be remembered as the Enemies of Boredom, Champions of Player-Driven Plots & Immersive RP.
- To be a powerful Guild who can back their players in an extremely diverse set of in-game objectives.
- To be known for quality role playing experiences for our members and those who interact with the Guild from outside. Selective Multiplayer to the Max.
Will You Join Us On This Adventure?
Get in touch via email with Grandmaster Bard Holt Ironfell, and fill out the Roster Information Form. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!